There are no teacher-student relationships in this world. You are not a student, you are not a teacher. There are no classes, no exams, no worries of failing. The teacher has no right to abuse his power of teaching. The student has no right to disobey the teacher. The teacher has no right to tell the student to do anything illegal or immoral, or to hurt him or her. The student has no right to disobey the teacher. But if the teacher is abusive, the student has the right to complain to the principal, the principal has the right to complain to the district school board, which will arrange an independent inquiry or inquiry committee, which will find out the truth.
Untouchability is a social evil that still exists in our country. There are many students who are suffering from this problem. They are not allowed to go to the library, canteen or to the other students in the campus. They are not allowed to take admission in any college or university, which is not only a big challenge for them but also a big humiliation. Also, if someone among the students is suffering from this problem, the other students cannot help him or her. Because of this, the society is getting deprived of their valuable contribution to the society.
There have been a number of studies performed on the link between the caste system and education. Most of these studies have shown a strong link between caste and educational achievement. In a study conducted by the Indian Council of Social Science Research, the caste system was found to be the main reason behind the low educational achievements in the Scheduled Castes (SC).
In the globe, India is a good democracy. However, there are still those individuals today who do some really amazing things.
Untouchability is a practice in which individuals from lower castes are marginalized and degraded in society; they are kept at a distance and are not permitted to join upper caste societies.
The term “untouchable” refers to the Hindu population’s most hated and degraded members.
Issues With Untouchability
This was the root of the Indian society’s troubles. As a result of the people’s concerns, India’s constitution decided to boycott this practice in 1950.
However, even after a 60-year boycott of this technique, this notion continues to fail. This issue is still affecting certain Dalits throughout the nation today.
Discrimination based on caste has often resulted in bloodshed throughout the country. The state of Tamil Nadu, which has a long history of reform movements, is no exception.
There is still prejudice between Dalits and Hindu castes in certain parts of this state today.
The constitutional prohibition and the compulsions of modernity and progress have to some degree softened the severity of untouchability, which is nevertheless widespread and assuming new forms, especially for the village.
Despite the fact that all state administrations claim to have banned manual scavenging, studies show that this practice remains untouchable.
There is no priority for the lower castes, however since India’s constitution and thanks to Dr. Babasaheb Ambetkar, the Dalits have been given many opportunities.
Untouchability and Its Consequences
- The dwelling areas for lower caste individuals and upper caste people are not the same.
- When it comes to food and drinks, upper-class individuals never consume or touch food prepared by lower-class people.
- Lower-class individuals have a different drinking water null than the rest of the population.
- This group’s profession is likewise unique, and it is determined by them.
- They should never contact the lower castes since the upper class considers them unclean.
- If a lower-class individual is highly-educated and works for a private limited business, he is discriminated against there as well.
- Lower-class individuals do not have access to public facilities or benefits.
Untouchability’s Side Effects
- Inequality in the nation occurs as a consequence of untouchability issues, resulting in the country’s underdevelopment.
- This has an impact on people’s relationships in the nation because of numerous disputes between higher and lower caste people.
- The country will lose all competent, capable individuals to work in that job as a result of this untouchability practice.
- The Hindu community would be stigmatized throughout the nation, which is an insult to both the country and the Hindu society.
- Many of the Hindu society’s problems have been caused by this practice. It should be the past, as Mahatma Gandhi said. And you should be proud of your country.
If you have any questions or comments about Essay On Untouchability, please post them in the comments section below.
Untouchability, as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, is an obsolete word for “a quality that renders something or somebody unclean, polluting, or otherwise unfit for use or access or touching.” This is an appropriate definition for the students who are not allowed to go to the hostel, the teachers who are not allowed to go to the hostel, the students who are not allowed to take hostel exam, the teachers who are not allowed to teach in the hostels, the students who are not allowed to take the university exam, the teachers who are not allowed to teach in the university etc.. Read more about how does untouchability harm the society and let us know what you think.
- untouchables in hindi
- of untouchable importance
- essay on untouchability is a curse for society
- low-caste meaning
- life of an untouchable in ancient india